SEARCH THIS BLOG

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

{Holiday Home} Silver & Gold Rustic Luxe Decor

I spent the day finishing up decorating my home for holidays and wanted to just share the Silver & Gold Rustic Luxe theme I chose for this year.   I made many of the items for this set up by hand, or purchased them for very little at the dollar store, on clearance or on an awesome sale!

You know, I can find inspiration just about anywhere.  Last Christmas I made all my Christmas cards by hand and found the most beautiful paper pack at the craft store.  The name of the pack was Rustic Luxe.  I thought, how fitting for a very elegant holiday.  I held onto that paper pack as inspiration for my dining room tablescape, living room mantle and my dessert and cocktail station for our holiday festivities.  Have a look at a few of the photos I captured and how I saved on decor. 


silver and gold holiday decor, deer,rustic



If you ever want to create a custom look to your wine glasses, you can do it all on your own.  Don't spend extra money on anything fancy.  All you need is paint made for glass and a brush.  Here, I created these gold brushed wine glasses for my table.  I love how they look and that they cost next to nothing to make. I already owned the glasses, the brush and the paint!


These gold chargers were used for my Little Miss Spider Lady Halloween party.  I mixed up my place setting with a sliver rimmed plate (from the dollar store) and a gold rimmed salad plate.  Each place setting was topped with a small gift box filled with peppermints.  The boxes were made with my Cricut and the paper is from that beautiful Rustic Luxe paper pack! 


The napkins for the table are from the thrift store.  I created napkin rings by tying ribbons to a jingle bell and tying to the napkins.




I love these mercury glass footed candle holders, they are perfect for this theme and just look so opulent! I also added a mercury glass vintage vase and tealight candle holder (a dollar store find). To add to the tablescape, I added a string of gold beads that were used on our Christmas tree a few years back.  If you notice that twine wrapped tree on the table.....I made that out of a Styrofoam cone, wrapped with twine, painted it gold and glued on embellishments.  Cost me virtually nothing to make!  The ornaments are pulled right out of my Christmas stash.


I have three trees in my house, you can see the main tree in our home in the background of this photo.....I think I really love Christmas!



These cute sisal fox and squirrel animals were finds at Target last year that I purchased after I knew I was going to go with a Rustic Luxe theme this year.  I think they're so adorable and whimsical.



A few weeks ago I found the prettiest gold foil letters by Teresa Collins and had to have them.  I created a festive wall hanging by wrapping tinsel around a picture frame and then attached the letters to a ribbon to create a garland.  A small jingle bell garland was added for a very merry touch!




For my mantle, I added  faux birch wood logs, bleached bottle brush trees and a few elegant holiday decorative pieces to set the scene.  I think the buffalo snow really sets off this winter scene!




I used my little white Christmas tree from last year's Christmas Wishes party and used it here in my dining room and flocked it with gold,silver and white ornaments!




For my dessert station, I created a rustic and glam look by incorporating very chic gold pieces with very rustic pieces - simple right?  I wanted a woodland look to the table but still....with a touch of glam.  I love the look of birch logs and incorporated a lot of that into the design.  I also made a lot of the items by hand.  You might remember the gold sequin wreath from this tutorial.  I  made faux birch wood logs using this super simple tutorial by Design Dazzle.  The Gingerbread 'Lodge' was a labor of love.  I love how it turned out!  I found a mini wooden pallet and sleighs at the craft store and whitewashed them.







I created Birch wood log pretzels by simply dipping a pretzel stick into white chocolate bark and then drizzling with milk chocolate.



These chocolate balls of deliciousness are called Brigadeiro.  If you haven't heard about them, please Google them.  They're a homemade Brazilian candy.  I love them, they will rock your world!!!!



I hope you enjoyed the photos and I wish you a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS filled with lots of love, peace and JOY!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails